How do you keep ladders and railings shiny?

Aug 19, 2015
SW Ohio
How do you keep your ladders and railings shiny? Ours have water spots all over them and I can't keep them looking clean. Is there anything I can apply to them to help them keep their shine?

Yes, I know that sounds OCD but with my sparkly TFP pool I want my equipment to look the same way! :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Unless you are talking about sanding, buffing and waxing, an easy quick shine can be had by using: Marvell Mystery Oil. You can find it at home improvement stores, auto supplies, Amazon, etc. Quickest shine and easiest bang for the buck. If you want a mirror shine, you will have to use some elbow grease and go the other route.

I noticed my ladders had some water spots today.

From the S.R. Smith website:
Maintenance Schedule
Daily All stainless steel pool rails should be rinsed with fresh water each day.

Weekly Wash all surfaces with fresh, warm water and a mild soap. Our recommendation is Bon Ami.
Use a soft cloth to gently scrub stubborn spots.
Rinse thoroughly with fresh water.
Dry completely with a soft cloth.
Optional: Apply a thin layer of a high-quality automotive wax for added protection.

As Needed Remove any visible signs of rust or staining with a nylon brush.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.