Algae or dirt? Sorry long post

Apr 18, 2015
Alabama
History, had this in April, a month ago, and showed up again two days ago. Slammed both times. They are building a new house behind me and the first time it started had cleared the lot and removed many many trees. Last Thursday and Friday they brought in that nice red dirt and did the final grade. I want to think it's dirt etc., but could be algae. It shows in the same areas (dead spots?) along the top edge of slope. The water was a little hazy Friday, clear yesterday until I brushed. Water has never been green, but is naturally a turquoise hue. My FC has never been below 6 except the very first time it was 4.
Today
FC 9.5
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 70
CYA 60
I did the OCLT last night zero loss. I have never had any FC loss with this stuff. CC always zero.
I did lower the Ph a little yesterday and bumped the SWG up. Brought it up from 8.
Tried to attach a photo but says it exceeds ??
This stuff collects around the edge slope in a few spots and a little on steps. Looks slightly green yellow. It does collect on the bottom also in varied amounts, but isn't visible until I brush. Mostly brown dust when I brushed yesterday. Haven't brushed yet today.
My only conclusion if not dirt mustard algae.
Of course I have company coming Saturday and don't want to SLAM right now, especially to mustard level. My FC takes forever to drop.
Any opinions. I'll try to get a photo on here.

I would bet dirt. My lot is all dirt (no Landscaping yet) and I get the same look when wind kicks up, get in and feel it if it is gritty it's dirt, if it is slimy it's algae. If you don't have a vacuum hose to connect into your skimmer you can do what I do, run the pump and brush as often as you can stand it, try to keep the particles in suspension so the filter can remove it. If I brush 3 or 4 times a day when it gets bad I can usually clear it in 2 or 3 days.

Thank you for the advice. I did my best to feel this stuff. It is really fine, but did not feel slimy. Had to use my toes.....so.
Vacuumed and brushed twice. Just a slight haze to the water in the deep end. I will keep the FC on the high end and hope they sod that yard soon!

Haven't seen any progress. Brushed for times yesterday. What I can feel on the steps does feel gritty, but looks greenish. Super fine. Pump was off overnight and when I brushed a good amount of dusty brownish sometimes green puffs up. Water slight haze. FC was 11.5 at 9 am from a 10.5 yesterday afternoon. SWG off at 5 pm. Not a legit OCLT, but still not seeing any FC loss. Stumped. Still dirt settling? Lowered ph preparing to SLAM after I recheck FC. Any help experienced thoughts out there?
FC 11.5
CC 0
CYA 50 made husband confer
PH 7.7 ? With FC over 10
TA 70

I would guess dirt as well. I usually get dirt deposits at the top of the slope, in the dead corner of the deep end and sometimes near the stairs. It gets worse when the farmer next door does his tilling and planting. I've learned to live with it, and vacuum it away. When I brush, it does puff up and then settle back down in a few hours.

I wonder if my sand has trouble filtering it out, since it is so fine.

When I used to go the pool store for water testing, my "Dissolved Solids" was always kind of high. (They never really explained what that meant, I wonder if it means DIRT)

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.