New 10x15 Oval Lomart Pool

Jun 20, 2016
Kihei HI
All,

I Have just built my first above ground pool. It's a Lomart 10x15 oval pool with a vinyl liner. If you google oval pools and go to the Lowe's website they list it there. It's a bit confusing who actually manufacturers it but the instructions say Lomart.

It's a 52" pool. It's roughly 4200 gallons full. It came with a 1 HP Pump and a 100lb 20grade sand filter. I have unfortunately not plumbed the equipment yet but the pool has water and I know the clock is ticking on the chemistry in the water. I plan to plumb the filter and pump just as soon as I can get over to Home Depot or Lowes and match up my hoses, inlets, etc. The instructions were not complete in that regard so I'm winging it a little. Just need to match connectors and I can complete the circle of skimmer out to return.

I have read that I can just dump normal bleach in the pool to get it chlorinated from the pool school area and I'm all for that. Local Costco probably has great deal on bulk. I'm not sure on amounts I need and I tried to free read the pool school to get the info but I'm just not seeing rough amounts I need to get started. The pool math area seemed unresponsive to my clicks. Anyone know if Win 10 Microsoft Edge(not Internet Explorer) might have issues with it?

I did buy a test kit from Home Depot. It tests Chorine, Bromine, pH, Acid Demand, and Total Alkalinity. I also have some experience in testing levels because I've kept reef tanks and needed to maintain pH, alkalinity, calcium, and various other things but this isn't a reef tank...

Talk to everyone soon

Brian H.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.