Discussion Topic - Wave Generator

Okay, so since installing my fountain, I want to see what else I can get into. Yesterday while I was in the pool with my kids, I started jumping alot and created some decent waves. So, I had a thought... It'd be really cool to make something to generate 1ft waves. Nothing dramatic... I don't think the walls of an above ground pool could take that.

But I need help thinking of something to do this. Obviously the plunger effect works. Perhaps some mechanism that raises and lowers a pvc pipe at the edge? Maybe that wouldn't be enough force.

What are you thinking?

What I am thinking is if you get the stroke timing just right you could get some interesting wave size amplification, more so in a rectangular pool. With a round pool the wave reflection dynamics would likely be a bigger problem.

We used to generate some cool waves in our above ground pool with a big innertube. Just get on top in a 4 point stance and start hopping it up and down. If you are in the center of the pool you can get some real big ones real fast.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.