Do a good turn daily...

scott39

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2015
South Park, PA
I converted to the TFP method last spring and have been an advocate ever since. Late last summer the hockey team was over for a get together and I received lots of positive comments on the pool. I even agreed to help out a few people if they wanted to give TFP a go.

On Friday I received a text from one of the parents asking if I could help opening their pool. Unfortunately, I was helping with a 20 ft diameter above ground swampy mess. Happy to say that two days later the pool is a nice shade of blue (not green anymore) and should be ready for OCLT in a few days - whenever the testing says it is ready.

I'm happy to help get the pool back into shape, but believe that the detailed testing may be a bit much for the owner. I am more than willing to do the detailed testing occasionally, but is there a simpler test kit for daily chlorine and pH testing that the owner could use?

What experience have you had helping friends convert to the TFP method?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once the pool is settled and under control CYA, CH and TA can usually be moved to monthly. If the CYA is set at 30 or 40 then target FC is 4 or 5 so they could use the K-1000 to test PH and FC and keep them in range. And if they went a tad over on FC that would be fine anyway. They would just have to learn how to read the test to make sure it never went below 2 or 3.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.