Last Minute Panic About Automatic Cover

Jun 15, 2015
highland, ny
Hi - I am in the process of getting an inground fiberglass pool. It is going to be 16 x 40. I originally wanted an automatic cover - but the price the PB quoted me was astronomical. Now I am panicking that I will regret not getting it. Do I have to have my PB do the automatic cover? Is it something I can get later or am I going to be kicking myself for skimping. My youngest is 10 years old but I do occasionally have younger children here. No neighbors. Also I still need fencing even with the automatic cover so I don't save there. I would appreciate any thoughts.

Price should be in the $10-15K range I expect. Click on my name and look for a post about autocovers earlier today. Otherwise, only you can decide if the safety aspect is worth it to you. Anyone installing the cover will be rather close on cost and they all use subs to do them. Technically you can do a surface track install afterwards. But they don't look as nice and have other drawbacks. Under track installations can only be done via the PB.
Will you have a separate fence around the pool versus connected to the house?

Ouch, yes, very high. Partly regional too I suppose for you. BTW- my sons would appreciate your user name! Assuming it's kid lingo derived. If you have goats, that's cool too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.