Cost of new safety cover

mrd5

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2014
Vienna, VA
All,

A friend of mine just moved into a house with a pool (I just ordered him a TF100 kit as a house warming gift) and his first question for me was about replacing his safety cover. His cover is shot with several holes in it (larger than what can be patched with the small adhesive kits) so it's time for him to replace it. His local pool store gave him estimates for two different covers from a company called "GLI." They're most expensive is a "hyperlite" version and their middle-grade is their "promesh".

For the Hyperlite he got a quote of $3900 and for the promesh it was $3600.

Does this seem normal or is this sky-high?? I'm due to replace my cover so seeing these quotes got my attention as well :shock:. Is this normal for the average cost of a safety cover??. For what it's worth, he's located north of Philadelphia and his pool is around 25K gal (free form IG plaster) and mine is close to 40K.

I would love to hear from the community on whether this is about average for a safety cover. I'm also curious if folks have experience with GLI. My current cover is a LoopLoc and is 15yrs old.

Thanks
-Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.