New patio now ladder not lining up

tpm

Sep 6, 2008
NY
Hello
We had our pool put in last year and just now had our paver patio installed. The company doing the pavers agreed to re seat the ladder anchors because they were set too low. Today I went to install the ladder and found that one anchor is 18.5 " from lip of coping and the other side is 19.25" from lip of coping. This causes the ladder to only come in contact with the pool wall on one side. I think both sides need to be further back from coping as the ladder will only come in contact with the wall if stepped on.
Is there certain measurements or guides for most standard ladders or is each manufacturer different, I would appreciate any help before these guys come back to correct it

Thanks

When the ladder was initially assembled to the position of the anchors. The alignment is maintained by the screws securing the rungs tot the vertical rails of the ladder.

If your anchors were repositioned, it may be as simple as loosening all the screws about 3 turns, and placing the ladder into anchors. See if you can realign by moving the ladder side to side until the bottom rests nicely against the pool wall at both points. If you can, get in to the water, and retighten the bolts.

Ok I loosened the rungs and was able to pretty much straighten it out so both bottom rung bumpers meet evenly towards the wall. BUT they are sitting about 1 -2 inches from wall. Can I try to bend it in (out of the pool) or will using it make it sit better
Ps I still need to go in the pool to re tighten everything

Would you like a picture of it??

Thank you for your help. As I said before this is a great site

I also found that the receivers are not truly vertical. I put a level on the ladder rails and found it is pitched away from the pool.

Maybe with use it will sit better

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tom, they were not properly installed! :hammer: A lot of deck guys have problems with this :rant:

If you plan to keep it as it is, make sure the bumpers can't come out of the bottom!! you're liner is at a VERY large risk of being punctured if they do!

An easy way to insure proper installation is to set the anchors with sac-crete before the deck gets poured - you can use a couple of metal coat hangers to tie the cold pour into the new crete (honestly, a brain dammaged monkey could figure this out... but not the pool deck experts :lol:)

I think you're best off having them reset the anchors!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.