Good deal on Propane Grill @ Home Depot

MikeInTN

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Middle Tennessee
All,

Just FYI - the Home Depot here has a Charmglow 4 burner propane grill w/ a rotisserie advertised for $199, down from $369. If you might be interested, go to their website, click on "weekly ad", put in your zip, and see if they've got it on sale where you're at.

As usual, I'm not employed by Home Depot, receive no compensation of any kind from them, yada yada yada...just wanted to point out what looks like a good deal for anyone who needs a new grill.

I bought that same grill about a month ago for $369. It's excellent and I wish I had waited and gotten it on sale now! My old grill finally died and I could not afford a really expensive one right now since I am redoing my kitchen at the moment! (any idea how much granite counters cost!? :shock: )

I don't even want to guess what granite countertops cost. :shock:

Home Depot put a 4 burner Charmglow w/o the rotisserie on sale about a month ago, and I bought that one. Used it tonight for burgers and brats, in fact! :goodjob: Hate that you didn't catch it on sale though. Pretty much the story of my life, with few exceptions!

We just bought a 4 burner uniflame grill with a sear burner for steaks and a side burner for $150.00. We grill out year round and was going to buy a very expensive weber but husband just lost his job of 34 years (2 years away from retirement this coming July) and had to cut corners. So far we are very pleased with it for the money.

I know how expensive granite is as we just remodeled our kitchen. We refaced existing cabinets, knocked down wall between kitchen and dining room, made island bigger, added new cabinets, put in wood flooring and added new granite counter tops, stone and glass backsplash last fall. We did all the work ourselves but it was still expensive. Had we know husband was going to loose job we may have postponed or went with cheaper counter tops and not added the new cabinets.

With the economy the way it is you really don't know what will happen to your job. A good deal is a good deal as far as I am concerned.

Susan

We got new maple cabinets, new LG appliances (Stainless) and a new insinkerator, granite counters and bar, powder coated tin backsplash (think 50's diner), LED lights for under and in cabinets with glass doors over bar. Can't wait for it all to be done with! Cabinets are coming this week and appliances this or next.
Good think I have the grill since that is where we are doing most of our cooking while the kitchen is not functional!

I'm not sure if I bought this yesterday or not. I bought the Brinkmann 4 burner at HD for $199. I was listed in their ad, but nowhere did I see it as On Sale from $369, nor did I see Charglow. I hate that about HD. Anyway, for $200, I decided to grab this Brinkmann and maybe it's what you were talking about.

The Mrs cleaned our grill last year with bleach...what! I need that for the pool!!! Anyway, as you can imagine, the first light up after the cleaning, we knew by the melting knobs and singing control panel that all of the bleach cleaner had not be washed off. That's when she told me she used a bleach cleaner on the grill :hammer:

So I decided to pick up a relatively cheap grill this year, until I decide whether to convert to charcoal, etc.

This Brinkmann was easy enough to put together. As you'll see in other reviews, save the supplied screw driver for replacing batteries in toys and such and break out the craftsman. I didn't wear gloves, but I can see where you'd get cut if you weren't paying attention. It was 95 degrees, when I started assembling - our timing is never great for projects, but it wasn't horrible so that's a good sign.

There were some scratches and even a bent tab that needed fixing - just with pliers. If it were a car, I would have returned it, but for $200 and all scratches being hidden, I slapped it together and fired it up. I can see how one might fry their eyebrows, because this thing does get hot!! I had all 4 burners cooking for 10 minutes or so, to burn off the residual packing oils, etc. I'll be surprised if this unit doesn't cook well.

I tried my best to blow out the sideburner, while it was on, and it held just fine.

One note on the controls. Someone posted a review saying that there is no way to turn down the side burner. You turn counterclockwise to ignite, and at that point, it's on high and you continue top turn counterclockwise to reduce the flame to LOW. Only it doesn't reduce it very well. BUT, if you ingite, then turn back clockwise, heading toward the OFF, it does reduce the flame just fine. I don't think I recall a control that didn't have low on it's way back to OFF, but the LOW feature on this grill is odd that way.

I'll grab the rotissiere, mostly since I think these grills are being discontinued.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there. Seems to be worth the $200 so far and if I get 3-4 seasons out of it, I'll be happy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.