Some questions about my returns, fixing PVC

ChewBiscuit

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 25, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hello!

Just a couple questions about the pic below. This is one of my 2 return lines.

Why would it have 3 lines branching out? I have 2 return lines going into the ground, does that mean this line is feeding 3 of the returns?

Also, there is a break on that first elbow, and it's right up against the 4 way coupling. I assume that means I need to cut out this whole piece at the flex pipes and replace the whole thing?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

20160619_140314.jpg

If this line is going back to the pool (return jets), then yes - this one particular line going into the ground is feeding three branches simultaneously. Why they would run separate lines as opposed to one line with "T"s at each jet was a plumbing choice I suppose. Yes, based on the very little space you have with all of those glued so close together, it looks like you would have no choice but to replace the elbow and 4-way at the same time.

Curious ... how many return jets do you have? This is just one return pipe going into the ground with 3 line sub-lines. Have you seen what the other return line going into the ground one looks like yet?

Yeah, that piece of flex stirring on top is the other return.

I just thought it was odd, coming out of the filter and heater, it splits into two, but 1 branch feeds a deep end return and both shallow end returns, while the other just feeds a single return by the ladder. (total of 4)

Pool company practically told me to eff off when I mentioned all this to them, so I just did it myself, and fortunately so far it's holding. =)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.