Best way to level metal frame pool?

kopmom

May 22, 2009
We have a Intex 18x52 metal frame pool. We put it up 2 years ago with the thought the site was level, well once it was almost full we realized it was a decent amount off. We left it up and luckly no issues BUT this time we want it to be level.

Is sand the best thing to use?

We take the pool down after the season (we are in Phila so bad winters), so will the sand shift each year and we need to re-level?

What is the best way to be sure the site is level before the pool is full? I do not want to waste time getting the pool on the site, filling with a ton of water just to find out it is not level again

Thanks

I would find the lowest point and dig the higher ground out to be level with that low point. If you fill the lowest point in with dirt, it will eventually compact and you'll be stuck again with an unlevel pool. :(

The foundation of the pool is the most important factor to a level pool. It takes time but it's worth it in the end! When I installed my 24' above ground, I used a 4' level and placed all my pavers <I don't think you'll use pavers> and set them level the whole way around. Then I prepared my sand bottom by hand packing it with water srayed from the hose, sand and then pulling it level after packing using the edge of the level as a trial. I leveled across and up and down in little sections. I also found out that you could walk on the packed sand as long as it was wet! It does not have to be soaking wet and I didn't hit it with a full stream of water either. :mrgreen: Just think, light feet. I never had a problem and I don't have a foot print on the bottom of my pool either! This is just how I did it. :wink: I am satisfied with the hard work I put into my pool. I took my time and it paid off. I can't wait to do my inground! :mrgreen:

Welcome to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.