Equipment randomly starting

It has started again equipment randomly starting. In the past 5 days my AquaLink has started up my equipment on spa mode along with the heater. Not at the same time mind you 3am, 5:45am, 9:10am to set time. Gone through the hand held and checked to ensure that there is nothing programmed. Changed the back up battery in the AquaLink panel just to be sure. I turn everything off on my PDA and the equipment comes on per the schedule.

i don't know what to check now or where to look....it seems that it has a mind of its own. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on resolving this would be appreciated.

Thanks

I Had something similar happen where the pool sweep pump started up randomly. Turned out the control relay's test button (little spring loaded piece on top) was close to one of the wires, causing it to randomly start,when the wire pressed on it.

I have gone through the manual and the phantom operation of equipment advises you to check for overlapping programming which I have done. I am beginning to wonder if someone is screwing with me as after everything started up this morning it ran for a couple of hours and switched to spa mode and the blower even came on...I have to figure out how to switch channels on PDA and see if that helps.....

Unless you two are right on top of each other, I've not encountered an issue with two homes next to each other where one handheld affects the others system.

You may want to have the system checked for a short if the neighbor is not the problem. My heat/ac system had a short in the blower motor and it would come on at random times even when the thermostat had everything set in the off position. I couldn't shut off power to it without shutting off power to 1/2 the house. It was a joyful couple of days in winter before they could come out and fix it.

No remote control at spa just the PDA. Figured that based on it operating on the 900 MHz frequency, as all household devices are, could be a baby monitor, garage door opener, cordless phone. The only sure fix is to take it off that frequency so upgrading to the IQ20-RS and do it over the Internet. Plus my PDA is acting up anyway with some fields not showing up and a new one is over $300. Two birds one stone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.