Buried Above Ground Pool with Deep End

Hi, we purchased an 18 x 39 Lomart pool, Whispering Wind II, which according to Doughboy is manufactured in their plant and has the same specs as the Doughboy Palm Shores. We have ordered the expandable liner as we would like to have a deep end.

The problem we have is that we had to over dig the hole by 2.5 feet all the way around. One of the pool sides will be 4 feet in the ground, while the other side will be 2.5 feet. We live in the rainy west coast so we need to deal with the space and using sand or dirt as a backfill would not work. We have read that we should be using a slurry mixture, but none of our concrete places make this slurry so we don't know where to get it or how to make it. Would regular cement work? Also, filling 2.5 feet x 4 feet x 120 feet (linear ft around pool) calls for a heck of a lot of slurry, which I think would be extremely expensive. Are there any other ideas on what we can use to back fill with or how to deal with this space? A wooden deck is not something that we wanted. Also, has anyone in the west coast or any rainy climate buried their AG pool? We have a concern of drainage since we essentially now have a huge square dug into our back yard.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated as is stories of success/failure of your buried above ground pool.

The slurry mix is a mixture of sand and Portland cement. It is more sand than cement and it packs really well more so than putting dirt back in around it. It's more stable and allows for a liner change with little chance of a cave in once the water is removed.
I did some digging and found that it says to dry mix everything together using one 94lb. bag of Portland Type I-II Cement with every 1 ton of clean sand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.