Jacuzzi Cartridge Filter - Update or Replace?

DrC

May 9, 2007
Ohio
I would like to increase our filter size as this is the year we should be replacing the cartridge anyway :idea: .

We currently have a Jacuzzi Cartridge Filter Model CFR-75 (modified to Litehouse Pool Specifications I think). I have found some information on the filters located here http://www.optimusparts.com/onlinecatalog2007/sec_d/d-56.pdf. I can not get a response from the company from that link as they only sell parts to dealers :( . It appears that it may be possible to upgrade ours to the 150 square foot model by changing a few parts. I would need to replace the body #8, the filter cartridge #11, and the dirt catcher #12?

I would like to price the parts that I would need and compare that cost to buying a complete new cartridge filter. The advantage to upgrading our current filter is that I think it would mount directly to our base that the pump and filter is currently mounted on. It looks like the only difference between each model is the height.

Any thoughts or recommendations appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.