Removing ACE Saltwater System

DJSO

Oct 15, 2013
Cleveland, OH
We have a 2013 Hot Springs Flair hot tub with the ACE Saltwater System. The cells die too quickly and are too expensive to replace. I would really like to just remove the cell and stop using the system. The dealer is quoting close to $200 to remove the system, which I think is absurd. I would like to think this is something I can tackle on my own, but can find information on how to do it. Anyone have any experience removing an ACE system that can walk me through it? Thanks!

there differant way of using a Salt water system sucks huh, go figure...

from this owners manual it says if turned to 0 it is off and will not be used.. http://www.hotspring.com/sites/default/files/ACE%20Owners%20Manual%20Rev%20E.pdf

you can then use a real SWG if you want, it works awesome on mine and you don't have to change it out all the time... :)

I think the little chlromaker DO would work awesome for you size spa, I did the big brother megachlor but my spa is 700 gallons, I have mine set at level 4 and it just works :)

Amazon.com : ControlOMatic ChlorMaker Hot Tub and Spa Drape Over Saltwater System Chlorine Generator : Swimming Pool Chlorine Alternatives : Patio, Lawn Garden

I did the inline version but the drape over version works great also :)
6AU2Fnx.jpg

rEfzhe5.jpg

mnx0Uk4.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions. However I guess I failed to mention, I have kept it at 0 for over a year, and now the coating on the wire holding the cell is starting to wear and crack. I've covered the wear spots with duct tape, but it makes me nervous. So I would really like to remove the cell all together. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the advice for the chlormaker DO. I'm going to have to check that out. The saltwater was great, if it wasn't for the darn cell dying so quickly. Glad to know there might be a better option!

I think that the ACE is an option so there might be a blank for it with unions on each end. I know Pentair makes one for their SWG cell. INYO Pools might be able to help with that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.