Filter Issues

chunkd

Jun 6, 2015
can
Just bought a house with an above ground pool, had an in ground pool at old house so things are a little different but on to my current issue Low flow in when on filter.

When on Filter the pump seems weak and is reading 15psi which seems normal to me, but when I tried to vacuum the pool I could barely get any suction, so I bought a new vacuum plate which did not fix the issue. I just bought a Pentair lil shark auto-vacuum which will not work when on Filter, not enough flow? to get it moving...

When I set the filter to circulate there is lots of flow, I can easy vacuum and get the lil shark auto-cleaner moving without issue but when in filter setting everything just seems weak!

I have backed washed the filter etc... but this has not helped my low flow issue when in filter mode, at this point I am out of ideas what the issue could be....

Thanks.

Sand Filter,

Found out my issue, I am assuming that pervious owners had issues with the filter or changed the sand and did not put the laterals in the outward position and left them pointing up. Going to buy new sand tomorrow and this should solve me issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.