Plaster Crack /Roll Eyes

Zepol

Apr 21, 2009
Phoenix AZ
I am assuming based on my recently gained knowledge from this site that I have had a CSI issue for quite some time and this morning while out there checking my chem levels I noticed about a 3" x 1" plaster piece that has cracked off of just under the corner of my second stair going down into my pool. Is this something that a fairly handy person can/should try to repair or is it time to bring in a professional?

Hi, again, Zep,

based on your description of the location, it most likely cracked because there was some movement of the surfaces at that point. If that movement has stopped, it can be patched by anyone fairly well.....assuming you can get a color match. :lol:

If that movement continues, there aren't enough professionals in the US to keep it from cracking again. :cry:

Movement as in the earth moving, water moving around it, or movement of peoples feet on it? :?: Considering it has stopped moving would a Leslie's pool store have some plaster patch? Not really concerned about the color match as much as I am having the plaster continue to break off and turn into something much much worse. BTW Great name there David!

DL

Zepol said:
Movement as in the earth moving, water moving around it, or movement of peoples feet on it? :?: Considering it has stopped moving would a Leslie's pool store have some plaster patch? Not really concerned about the color match as much as I am having the plaster continue to break off and turn into something much much worse. BTW Great name there David!

DL

ya i have the exact same problem. Mine is coming off of the top of the steps and right below the waterline tile. I think previous people had the chems way out of wack. Temporary fix would be good until i get it refinished.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.