My neighbors swamp.

May 6, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Now that I'm on my way to getting control of my own pool I have convinced my neighbor to do the same so the first step is to get a TF Kit. Ordering it on his behalf today.He will sign up here in the very near future.

This pool is real dirty and swampy. He was removing the cover yesterday and all the debris accidently got dumped from the cover into the deep end. The pool is 2 yrs old 22 x 50 x 6 rectangular inground with a vinyl lining a main drain ,3 skimmers.

Equipped with a SWG, Hayward 1hp pump, sand filter Tested his water based on approx. 50,000 gal and the results were basically 0,zip, nada of anything. Didn't test for salt.

Got the pump started and advised him to start brushing the sides, vacuum/scoop out the bottom Crud and start shocking. He put in 30 l of 12% CL yesterday and this AM the FC level was 2.5. Using the PC and a target of 10 I told him to add 23 more L. The CYA/CL chart says 7.6 K of stabilizer. Should that be added right away when the pool is full of algae, foam on the top and debris in the bottom? Should he worry about the rest of the balancing or wait until the algae is cleared up?

Cheers

oletrout-I know this is off topic...but I thought the TF test kits couldn't be shipped to Canada. Or am I incorrect? I clipped this....2. If you live outside the 48 states, [We can ship anywhere in the world except Canada] simply order the kit but stop when you get to the payment section. You are in Hamilton right? I would love to order one and I am in Ontario too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.