May 15, 2016
Central Valley/ CA
FC 11.5
CC 0
TA 110
CH 290
CYA 80
PH 7.6

Since I have gotten the pool cleared up and looking good with the TFP method, I have been testing everyday to find out how much chlorine the pool needs every day. Eventually, I want to add an automated chlorine system to the pool. I tested last night after dark and found the FC to be 7.5. In order to get to my target FC of 9, the pool calculator said to add 67 oz of 10%. For the first time, I actually measured down to the oz instead of eyeballing it. When I tested this AM before the sun hit the pool, the FC was up to 11.5. Any ideas why this would happen? I messed with the # of gallons on the pool calculator and there would have to be a huge difference in gallons to make a big difference to the amount of FC change from 67 oz of chlorine.

There are only a few options
Testing variability in one of the tests, one of the tests was off
Strength of the chlorine added, they accidentally put 12% in the bottle or it was really, really fresh
Amount of chlorine added, you put in more than you thought
Pool gallons are off, or wrong numbers in Poolmath
Neighbor snuck over and added some as a prank :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.