solar cover install

cj3737

Jun 14, 2016
North Ogden, UT
Has anyone come across an easy way of installing a solar cover alone? I have a 24' pool and cover that is attached to a roller bar but everytime I unroll it, one side tucks under the other so im back and forth around the pool, pulling and straightening.. Takes about 15 min and is a pain in the butt....

Do you put it all the way into the pool when you unroll it? If you have room to maneuver, you can try to put it half way in and begin unrolling it partially in the water and out of the water. Then, once you've gotten it half way there you can start to float it out onto the pool. It's tricky and takes some practice to figure out how much you can unroll it on the deck before setting it afloat. It does require some room to maneuver, so if you don't have much of a deck around the pool, it may not help you. I do this for my unground pool and, yeah, same with me...sometimes it tucks under and then you have to run back and forth to shimmy and slide it into place.

Good luck.

Matt

Mine takes about 5-8 minutes at most.

I grab/pull some of the end (standing on the end/side) then flip it backwards (bubbles up) then while
carefully walking to the shallow end take it with me, holding it about a foot above the water.

sometimes I make it all the way to the end with nothing flipping over but often just a little bit does.

Took several attempts to figure out how to get it back on that fast. Just having a reel is half the battle in your favor. :)

I have a much more difficult time getting it on the roller evenly. (Pear shape pool with shallow end wider, unfortunately
and no room for reel on shallow end.)

And don't forget, you can use a standard nylon wall brush and your pole to help push the cover out. It won't damage the cover (I do it all the time) and it can be helpful in getting to a tough-to-reach spot.

Its one of those in the swim middle rollers...Attached by strings in the center of the cover and rolls up on itself from the center. Ive only been able to do it one time but I managed to get the loose end folded over the top of the roller so when I pull it out, it doesn't get sucked under...It lays on top of the other half... but the only issue with that is my arms are 12' long to grab the loose end and get it to flip over...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.