Hot Tub blower

WshnIwslofn

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 12, 2007
Hey everyone,
You guys and gals do such a good job on this forum that I am becoming pretty much self-suffient in the pool area! Thanks. Now we are working on the hot tub! Last fall pulled out the air blower and got this off the unit. Air Pump, 2.0 peak, 4.4 amp, 220V 60HZ, 104 CFM 100 in. of water @ MLS 4.1 PSI. This was a metal blower which rusted away. Looking to replace and thinking all this means I need is a 1.5 or is it a 2HP, 220V blower? Are the plastic as good as the metal blowers? Is 210 or 240V the same as 220V? This is a stand alone tub that shares the 2hp pump, sand filter and heater with the pool. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Kay

Sounds like we have a fairly similar setup with the spa sharing water and equip. with the pool. Would you mind posting any pics of yours and maybe the equip./plumbing too?

If you had a 2HP blower before and it worked well, I'd replace it with the same. 210-240 should all be the same. Plastic if fine as long as you buy a blower made to be used outdoors. The type that is designed for a stand-alone tub is usually not weather-proof, so make sure you get an outdoor unit that is.

HTH,
Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.