Do any of the reagants go bad from the test kit?

Eventually, yes they will go bad. As for when that will happen? It depends. If they are stored in a dark, temperature-controlled location, they will last considerably longer (up to about 2 years) than if they were stored in a hot outdoor shed or garage - even less if they are exposed to sunlight. The fresh 870 powder should be mostly white. If it has turned dark, I would replace it.

Interestingly. I still have a small amount of 0870 from last year that is dark...4 year old left it open and it got exposed to some humidity last summer...and new container that is almost white. Both gave me the exact same measurement.

My 0871 liquid reagant is from last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are getting the same measurement with both powders/reagents, I would continue to use them. I would just use the older ones first.

The 0870 powder will take on a light bluish/lavender hue over time. If that's the color you are seeing, I wouldn't sweat it. If it turns a dark blue/purple, then I would be more concerned. Even then, you can always do a comparison test using the older powder and the newer powder. If you get the same results, you can continue using the older powder with confidence.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.