Lowest RPM/GPM for Intelliflo VS VF (11012)

Jon B

Jun 17, 2016
St Pete, FL
I have a question about programming my VF pump. I have a 13,000 gallon pool, and I programmed the pump to run 24/7 and to turn the pool over 1x/day.

Doing the math, (13,000/1440 minutes in a day), I would expect the pump to run at about 9 GPM. However, on a clean filter (2 PSI) it runs at 1035 RPM and 15 GPM (about 130 watts). Admittedly, that's pretty darn cheap, maybe 35 cents per day.

My question is why does the pump have a lower limit of 15 GPM (@1035 RPM)? Shouldn't it drop down to 9 GPM (and lower RPMs) to accommodate the requested 1 turnover in 24 hours, rather than the 1.7 turnovers I'm actually getting?

Thank you,
Jon

I wouldn't run the pump 24/7. I would only run it long enough to keep it clean.

Also, running a VS pump much below 1000 RPM doesn't reduce energy use by much but it does reduce flow rate so overall efficiency goes down.

If 1035 RPM works ok for the skimmers and anything else that you have, keep it there and just reduce run time. You don't need 1 turn per day. Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.