Another CYA Test Question

Cinic

Silver Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
Tempe, AZ
After some really high FC usage during the day (around 8 ppm) and no significant FC loss on an OCLT I'm questioning my CYA testing.

This video says 'back to the sun' but is shown opposite. Should the test tube be in the sun or in my shadow? It makes a difference when testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxaqoW-_MCs&t=0m34s

Granted it's really sunny and hot here lately, but this is making me think my CYA is much lower than I think.

HAHA!!!!.... Great Catch!! I must have watched that video a dozen times (13 now). I never noticed he was standing into the sun which is the exact contrast to instructions. But it does look like he must have turned around at some point. The close ups of the tube is clearly shaded.

Back to the sun is the proper way according to this site. The test tube should be in your body's shadow.

Well my unexplained high FC usage can at least be explained now. I just tested my CYA and I'm down at or under 20. On June 4, it was 50. I'll be doing the bucket test to see if I have a leak. No idea where it could have gone otherwise....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.