Hello! Waiting for TF-100 Kit :)

Hi! I've finally had enough of the pool store folks telling me need to dump "25lbs of this" or "an entire box of that" into my pool to get rid of the algae!!! I ordered the TF-100 kit with XL option and it should be here tomorrow. I also bought the Speed Stirrer from Amazon and already have it in my hands. I am determined to learn what to do and stay ahead of this. We've been battling that nasty green stuff for about a month now and have already spent WAAAYY too much money! On the flip side, I'm super nervous im not going to get this right. ((Prayers and good luck wishes are welcomed ;)) If I can figure out how to provide pics, I'll be happy to do so.

Since I don't have the test kit yet, is there anything I can do today to help prep for SLAMMING the pool tomorrow after the kit arrives? I back washed last night. Should I brush again this evening? Vacuum (I have a Hayward Bug type vacuum).

Thanks!

Having that TF-100 in your hands in 90% of the battle. :goodjob: Your test results will outline everything you need to do and what you need to add. Stick close to the SLAM page as well. I wouldn't try to guess on what you need other than simply regular bleach (generic is fine) and perhaps some muriatic acid. When your test kit arrives, we'll focus on the following:
- pH adjusted to 7.2
- CYA adjusted to 30 (if it's really high we'll discuss later)
- FC to 12 (based on CYA of 30); may go higher is CYA is higher

From there we'll help you along the way. No worries. Oh, and don't forget to update your signature! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.