So after filling the pool, I shocked it since I knew I wouldn't be doing much with it for the next few days. I used the pool calculator on this site and found that I needed 394 oz of bleach to accomplish this, I didn't put that much in though, only about 300 oz or so. Afterwords I tested my water and found that my fc was reading about 10ppm+ on my test kit and my local pool store said that my chlorine was over 10ppm. I went out again to test the water and I am still at 10ppm, the sun has been out all day yesterday and the day prior and this chlorine still hasn't broken down yet. My cya is under 30 (I assume about 25) so I am not retaining a ton of this, it shouldn't take long to come back down. I want to use the pool tomarrow but I don't know if I'll be able to, should I look into a chlorine reducer?
Furthermore, when I got my water tested, the guy behind the counter said "everthing's fine" I asked him what the values were and he said "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I pressed him for some of the specifics, here is what he told me, PH is 7.8, FC is something over 10ppm (he didn't know what it was since it broke down his reagent) alkalinity is 130 and cya is under 30, these are supposed to be "fine"? I mean, it seems to me that the PH, alkalinity and FC are all too high, shouldn't these be things of note? Afterwords he said that I shouldn't be messing with my chemical levels on my own since I don't have his test kit, I told him that I used a taylor chem kit and he insisted that it was inferior since it couldn't test high chlorine levels, coming from the guy who just told me that my chlorine was too high for him to test!