MUSKOGEE, Ok
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I'm totally confused on vacuum. I can't afford anything automatic right now. Just upgraded to Sand filter. Last year i used one that i hooked to water hose..what a pain in the rear!!!
Can i use the same type of vacuum with a hose and hook to filter intake? How do these work?

16x48 intex ultra with intex 1500 gph pump

Yes a regular manual vac will work just fine. A lot better althan the water hose hook up kinds. Those don't really get all the fine dirt and sediments.
All you need is a vacuum head for a vinyl pool, a pole, and a vacuum hose long enough to reach all areas of the pool. They connect to the suction port of the pool or to an adapter in the thru wall skimmer if you have one of those installed on your pool.

Does your pool have a grate over the suction inlet in the wall? If so than you'll need to unscrew that grate cover and remove it. The fun part will be finding a way to adapt the vacuum hose so it will fit in the suction inlet. My vacuum hose is an inch and a quarter in diameter. When I had my intex type pool I went to lowes and found a pvc adapter that would fit the vacuum hose and was reduced on one end to fit into thr the suction port. I don't recall off the top of my head the size of the fitting but I do remember it was a snug fit.
That is my only suggestion on hooking up a vacuum. There's probably many ways now to do it. Hopefully someone will be along with some more insight.

Intex sells a "deluxe maintenece kit". It should include everything you need including the adapter to hook up the hose that's also included in the kit. It priced VERY reasonably.

Does your pool have a skimmer? I've got the Intex floating skimmer and it works fantastic for clearing the floating debris off the surface. I did have to make a PVC stand to make the mounting secure, but it was worth the little bit of effort. I've had a couple folks PM me about the mounting stand I made. Hopefully one of these days I'll put forth the effort to repost some pics for those interested.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.