Cloudy Water

Jun 17, 2016
Washington
Our pool has cloudy water. I've been treating it for two weeks. I have had the water professionally sampled. I've put muratic acid, chlorine, algaecide, clarifier, ph plus, stabilizer and some other stuff like the professionals have said and the water is still cloudy. All the levels are where they are supposed to be. Anyone have any tips of what to use or what to do?

Not much credence is given to pool store testing around here. While you would think that a "professional" would be the best, unfortunately in most cases it is quite the opposite. Between employees who blindly trust the word of chemical sales representatives and high school kids working in the pool store for the summer you end up with poor results from their testing. But, what can you do?? We base our pool care system on accurate testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. To do that you need your own accurate test kit. Order a TF100 and at least include the XL option. That will give you what you need while you are clearing the pool, and probably enough reagents for a couple of years normal use.

Plus, as our levels and most pool store levels are different "levels are where they are supposed to be" is probably not corect followign our guidelines.

While you wait for it to get delivered, you have a homework reading assignment. Start with ABCs of Water Chemistry and Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis

I have a test kit.
What test kit? TF-100 or K-2006? To effectively practice the TFPC methods, the FAS/DPD chlorine test is essential. These two kits have this test while very few other kits do. The kits sold at the pool store generally won't won't cut it, but be careful pool store employees are known to say “it's the same thing”. Generally it's not!

I have the TF-100. I've never had this problem and I'm not sure what to do. All levels are where they are supposed to be.
Please provide a full set of your test results with the TF-100:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Now is the time to make a decision, keep following the pool store and dropping lots of money there or follow our methods. The "professionals" have already sold you stuff we don't recommend putting in the pool and we certainly don't trust their testing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.