Another pool refilled with fresh water

Feb 28, 2016
CYPRUS
I have been asked to look after my friends pool when they saw how mine looked using this great website. I totally drained it as as the CYA was 200 ppm. Anyway pool is refilled and here are my latest results. This pool is 20000 gallons, vinyl lined with a 1.5 kripsol pump. I am using a Pool Exact EZ photometer tester.

FC 6.2
CYA 52
TA 82
PH 7.5
CC O.O1

The water is lovely and clear but is using quite a lot of chlorine (strength is only 4%) Should CC be 0 or are the results OK?

I have no clue what that tester is, but for the sake of discussion I'll assume it's accurate. If the daily FC loss is 2-4 ppm that's considered normal.

Screenshot from 2016-06-17 15:46:12.jpg
Thanks for the replies. This the tester I use and is it very accurate, unfortunately I cannot get the test kits that are recommended on here in Cyprus. The liquid Chlorine is the strongest I can get here and comes in 20 litre containers (5 US Gallons ) but is relatively cheap at 7 euros (7.8 US dollars). The FC loss is in the range you mention, at the moment the temp is nearly 40c (104f)

You might want to add "Cyprus" to your location. For all I know it's somebody that can't spell Fresno :grin:

For what I understand, accurate electronic testing is very expensive and requires frequent calibration. I understand the Cyprus thing, I'm not sure what you can do.

Except maybe visit someone in the US and take a keepsake home!

If it's that hot and sunny, yes, you're going to go through a lot of FC.

You might want to add "Cyprus" to your location. For all I know it's somebody that can't spell Fresno :grin:

For what I understand, accurate electronic testing is very expensive and requires frequent calibration. I understand the Cyprus thing, I'm not sure what you can do.

Except maybe visit someone in the US and take a keepsake home!

If it's that hot and sunny, yes, you're going to go through a lot of FC.
Thank you, I have changed it to Cyprus.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.