Great job, Sean!

ChuckD

Apr 16, 2007
Duanesburg, NY
Great to see a continuation of the Truth About Pools. I bought a house two years ago that came with an inground 17x33 vinyl. While I knew a little about pool water from lifeguarding in a previous lifetime, I'd never had this much responsibility. All I thought I knew was that they are a 'hole you throw money into'.

Thanks to Ben and this community, my chemical expenses for last season were under $100 and we didn't have a single day when the water wasn't the clearest I've ever had the pleasure of swimming in. I probably spent another $100 on updating equipment (not including replacing a 20 year old Hayward Superpump of unknown history). The money pit myth proved to be just that.

Thanks for your help getting me registered, Sean. I can't see anything I'd change here, it looks real conducive to getting the beginner up and running. I guess the only suggestion I'd offer is get an extra set of 'keys to the front door' to someone so we don't get in the situation we have at PF where only one person can superadmin the site.

Thanks again, and good luck!

ChuckD
(We haven't opened ours yet but I'll get some pictures up when we do).

ChuckD said:
Great to see a continuation of the Truth About Pools. I bought a house two years ago that came with an inground 17x33 vinyl. While I knew a little about pool water from lifeguarding in a previous lifetime, I'd never had this much responsibility. All I thought I knew was that they are a 'hole you throw money into'.

Thanks to Ben and this community, my chemical expenses for last season were under $100 and we didn't have a single day when the water wasn't the clearest I've ever had the pleasure of swimming in. I probably spent another $100 on updating equipment (not including replacing a 20 year old Hayward Superpump of unknown history). The money pit myth proved to be just that.

Thanks for your help getting me registered, Sean. I can't see anything I'd change here, it looks real conducive to getting the beginner up and running. I guess the only suggestion I'd offer is get an extra set of 'keys to the front door' to someone so we don't get in the situation we have at PF where only one person can superadmin the site.

Thanks again, and good luck!

ChuckD
(We haven't opened ours yet but I'll get some pictures up when we do).

Thanks Chuck. I've given all my personal contact information to the mods in case anything should happen to me. :shock: My wife has my passwords with instructions. As things continue to grow, I may set up another admin or two as well.

When I started this site I made a simple commitment that I intend to honor... For as long as people are willing to visit and participate at this site, I will make sure it stays running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.