11th Day of SLAMMING... Mustard? [pic included]

Just my opinion. Stick it out. Keep up the slam and it's just wasteful to bring the FC above the slam level. The idea is to remain as much as possible at slam level, therefore don't let it drop for too long below the given number. The more it remains at slam level the quicker it bites the dust (pun intended) and before long you'll stop losing the FC level. Very important is to brush the wall and floor a few times daily to get the dead algae into the filter. With a 25% psi rise on the filter gauge from clean filter pressure is when you have to clean the filter. It would be even better if you have a way to vacuum to waste those areas you see the dead algae. once the FC holds then go one more day at slam level and the follow procedures for the OCLT.

It's not mustard algae its just remnants of the slam. Could be dust mixed too. With fine stuff you need a way to vacuum to waste to suck it up and get it out. Brushing to get it suspended is very hard and takes forever to make a turnover of the water. A robot would make quick work of this issue

Just my opinion. Stick it out. Keep up the slam and it's just wasteful to bring the FC above the slam level. The idea is to remain as much as possible at slam level, therefore don't let it drop for too long below the given number. The more it remains at slam level the quicker it bites the dust (pun intended) and before long you'll stop losing the FC level. Very important is to brush the wall and floor a few times daily to get the dead algae into the filter. With a 25% psi rise on the filter gauge from clean filter pressure is when you have to clean the filter. It would be even better if you have a way to vacuum to waste those areas you see the dead algae. once the FC holds then go one more day at slam level and the follow procedures for the OCLT.
Thank you for the info. I just did a deep meticulous vacuum to waste and a very thorough brush. I’m off tomorrow so the next 3 days I won’t let it slip under the slam level and will go nuts with the brushing/vacuum. I feel I’m so close, I just really want to have a unreal clear pool! We will see.

Yes I did. I started manually vacuuming with my VP pump turned higher and used a canister with a skimmer sock and that seemed to really help clean the dead algae which seemed to help keep new growth down.

My pool is now beautifully clear and odorless.??

Best piece of advise is to remove light early to clean niche AND be sure to clean skimmer housing if slam is not competed after 3-4 days.

Put skimmer sock in skimmer basket durning slam, use simmer sock in leaf canister when manually vacuuming. Clean filter every other day and brush whenever you can.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.