chlorine Dilemma

Jun 22, 2015
New Jersey
I know this has been discussed numerous times and I tried searching the forums to get a clear answer but just wanted some advice. I have a hayward chlorinator sitting in my garage waiting to be installed but then I stopped by my local pool store and noticed these 3" chlorine tabs wrapped in plastic with a hole in the middle. Supposedly they are safe to drop in the skimmer since they are slow dissolving. From what I read putting chlorine tablets in a skimmer is a big no no due to the acidity and degrading parts over time. Just wanted to know if anyone has ever used these slow dissolving tablets in the skimmer. All the posts I read were from a few years ago and was wondering if this is something new that I can just drop in the skimmer and not have to worry about or is installing that chlorinator the better option. I understand a lot of people are not fans of chlorine tablets due to CYA increasing over time and would probably recommend a SWG. But right now my only options are these chlorine tablets. Currently I'm using two big floaters but I feel my pool is not getting enough FC because last time I tested it was very low. Would like any advice from the pool veterans.

I guess this is what I will go with. The chlorinator seems like a simple install but I'm a little confused as to where to drill the hole for the inlet tubing. I have posted my setup below and have marked where I plan to put the outlet but would appreciate any help on where to put the inlet piping. I will post more photos later if I can after work of my setup.

pool setup.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.