FC and CC test

JMyrick106

Bronze Supporter
May 12, 2016
Suwanee, GA
I am testing my FC and TC per the Chlorine Drop Test instructions on my TFTestKit I recently received. Seems rather straight forward but when I add the R-0871 solution one drop at a time the mixture will gradually turn from pink to clear as per directions . But the solution will only stay completely clear for say 30 seconds and gradually I t begins to it go back to a shade of pink--

My question is --Is it accurate to take the reading when solution goes completely clear?? Why does it turn back to pink ? Am I to keep adding drops until it stays clear permanently ?

Thanks !

It does say in the extended directions if you leave it sit it will repinken (is that a word?, they didn't use repinken in extended directions, it just came off of these fingers naturally) ~ anyways it does say pink will come back in a minute or two. 30 seconds seems awfully quick, do you agitate by hand or do you have the speed stir?

That is normal. It will always turn back to pink if you wait long enough. If it is clear for a few seconds, you are done.

When the sample is clear, you are done with the FC portion.
Then add the 5 drops of R-0003 and count to clear again, then the CC is done.

That's good to know --I must have misplaced those directions as I'm just looking at the laminated directions they sent--and I did not see anything referencing that --i can stop wasting the solution now-- 30 seconds was Just a guess I never really timed it--just knew it was not instantaneous ..

Thnx

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.