STARTING NEW FROM BAQUA TO chlorine (drained pool)

May 22, 2009
Hello all
I Just drained my pool 18 k gals in ground pool. (neighbors and water co love me )
The pool was on the baqua program for 3 years, But now I had enough. So what are the steps I need to do to get going on chlorine? please help me

Welcome to TFP!

The steps are in the Pool School "How To" section. Here's the link to take you directly to the page...

http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/baqua_chlorine_conversion

If you haven't already gotten one, you need a good test kit. I recommend the TF 100. See the link in my sig below to purchase.

Since you have already drained, the process won't be quite as involved. You will still have some residual baq in the system though so you will need to shock well until your FC holds and either backwash or clean your filter very well to rid thing of any left over baq or crud.

Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going. :)

Yes, good advice. Even though you drained, you'll still have to change your filter media, whatever that may be, sand, DE, cartridge.

Please put your pool equipment/specs in your signature - go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature. You are allowed 5 lines of text. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.