Automation Recommendations??

Hi guys, I've been remodeling my pool for the past few months. Now it's time for my equipment to get upgraded. I've upgraded my equipment to a Hayward Progrid DE Filter, pentair variable speed pump and two pentair whisperflo pumps for my water features. Now it's time for my old school timer to get upgraded. I'm not really worried about automatic valves but would like to turn my pool on and off from my Phone and also have the option for controlling solar heating later on. What products would you recommend for me? And what exactly do I need to purchase? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also what do you guys think of used units? I've seen quite a few used aqualink systems for sale on eBay.

From my point of view, there is only one rule.. If you want automation use only one manufacturer, so that things play well together.

Since you already have a Pentair VS pump (I assume an Intelliflo) then it only makes sense to get an EasyTouch with ScreenLogic2 for remote operation from your PC or phone.

An EasyTouch 4 can serially control your VS pump and your other two pumps via relays. This would leave you only one relay for pool light or ??? So, I would suggest the EasyTouch 8.

I admit I am a big Pentair fan, but if you already had a Hayward VS pump, I would have recommended the Hayward Automation system.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.