Post what your pool cost you to build...

33 foot Diameter round above ground pool, bought used (2 years old) = $600
contractor to level/prep ground = $600
25,000 gallons of water delivered = $800
New Liner = $400
Gas line run for heater = $250

TOTAL = $2650.00 :)

16x32 in ground gunite/plaster with 1000sq ft decking $34,800.

Pretty standard pool, Hayward 1.5HP VS Pump, Pentair 60 sq ft DE filter, dual low voltage LED lights, 5 deck spitters, and a fair amount glass tile at the water line and trimming the steps and benches.

We had 3 bids low was 32,300 & high was 38,100.

Wow...how the heck are y'alls prices so low?? We did an owner build in ground gunite 36x20. We haven't gotten our finally tally, but will probably be around $55k+. We are in the Dallas area.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I find these threads to be fairly unhelpful other than to satisfy curiosity and get some sense of a ballpark price for an area and pool type. There are dozens of factors influencing pool prices in a given area at a given time. Including the customer and bid request. The only price that is meaningful is the one given to you by a builder for your specs in your yard. It could cost more or less to build the same pool at the same time in your neighbor's yard as it does to build it in your yard. We trimmed over 13k off the price of our pool by changing just a few things and got essentially the same pool. Having clear, open communication with a PB you trust is the best way to get the most pool for your money. And be very wary of the lowest bid. Telling your PB that Joe and Rita in Peoria, MS got the same pool built for 29k will probably just get you a 5k price increase. :)

Approx. $50,000 for pool plus $10,000 for screen cage.

Had estimates from 8 PBs all BBB rated A+.
5 were $10,000 or more higher. Narrowed down to 3 lower estimates in the same price range. The one I picked, a small ma & pa PB built 4 pools over 2 yrs. in my community and was recommended.
But things change and now he's overloaded and I'm not a happy camper.

16x30 Fiberglass pool from Leisure Pools, model is called The Ultimate. Built in spa and splash deck. Hardware wise, it's all Hayward eqpt, SWG, 250k BTU natural gas heater, 4 LED multicolored light, 4 deck jets, Omnilogic automation controller and an additional 400 sq ft of decking with Kool Deck spray for $47,000. This is in New Caney, TX, just Northeast of Houston.

Dallas,TX.

Pool (34 x 17, Freeform, 96 Perimeter), Spa (7x7, Freeform), 10' Grotto, 12" Raised Wall connecting Spa to Grotto, Blue Granite Pebblesheen, 488sq ft of Noce Travertine, All Jandy equipment including JXI 400K (w/ 2016 Versaplumb bypass),2HP Variable Speed pump, Aquapure SWCG, and iAquaLink automation, a raised level going from main pool level to spa, 4 LED lights, Polaris 280, Bobcat Shuttle for excavation, 1/2" rebar, #10 centers, etc.

I will get out the door at $68.9K. Quoted 5 other reputable builders, this was $4-$5k less than everyone else. We splurged a bit and went with a builder that would put in a high quality pool. I could have gotten similiar for $62K-$64k from a high volume builder in the area, but you get what you pay for in my opinion. I don't plan on moving for 7-10 years, but I have seen crappy inground pools so decided building was the right thing to do.

If anyone is looking for finance tips, I secured a 20 year fixed @ 5.99%. Only financing 40% and plan to have this all paid off in 2 years, but it gives me cash flow options.

Wow...how the heck are y'alls prices so low?? We did an owner build in ground gunite 36x20. We haven't gotten our finally tally, but will probably be around $55k+. We are in the Dallas area.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

There are so many variables that affect price. In our case we intentional went fairly basic. No automation, no spa, no waterfall, no slide, no grotto, etc. Our last pool included all these things and we rarely used any of them. This time we focused only on the function that we wanted from the pool, we don't care to impress any of the neighbors ��

A couple other elements that went in our favor...

1) we had wide open access to the site
2) we are in a new custom home neighborhood and many home sites need fill dirt so the dump trucks had less than 1/4 mile to dump dirt at no cost.
3) we are the one of the first houses completed and all the local PB want their signs in the first homes in hopes of landing more jobs.

We we do have a couple neighbors building showcase pools, similar to what a lot of folks here have or would like build. There are a couple $60k+ builds happening in the neighborhood too. These have huge pools with several thousand feet of decking with fire pits and out door kitchens. They are beautiful but way more cash than we are willing to part with.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.