gtty

Aug 11, 2012
Houston, Tx. (West Houston)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our neighborhood pool has apparently tuned green and the pool company is giving a lame excuse, I think. Anyone care to give their opinion. This makes me glad I have my own pool

"Further investigations also revealed the phosphate levels and TDS (total dissolved solids) in the pool water are too high. When this occurs, the cleaning chemicals are rendered ineffective. The pool will be closed for at least the rest of this week for a total change-out of the pool water.

Thank you for your patience as these issues are addressed. Stay tuned for further updates."

Unfortunately being considered a public pool if the CYA is sky high then adjusting the FC to the appropriate level is not possible, so even if their reasoning is bunk a drain and fill is the solution to the problem. Fun tidbit, phosphates prevent pipe corrosion so most municipal supplies have "high" phosphate levels coming out of the tap. The refill water will likely be just as high in phosphates yet miraculously not be green. Must be magic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.