Upgrading Intex 12'x30" Metal Frame Pool

Setting up this pool for the 2nd season, and I've decided to perform some slight upgrades.

First, my pool is near large trees and I'm in Kansas where the wind blows, so - even with a good cover - debris is always an issue. For that reason, I'm investing in a Hayward Skimmer as well as the Intex 1,500gph pump. Please bear with my "newbie" questions. I live in a rural area and have to order all parts and supplies in, so I want to make sure I order everything I'm going to need.

My pool uses 1.25 inch hoses, and has dual water outlets and a single water inlet. I know I have to convert/adapt to the 1.5 inch connections on the new pump. What I cannot tell from the pictures online, is whether pump connections are male or female? I'm assuming they are male, but someone please set me straight if I'm wrong.

Also, it looks like the connector at the bottom of the skimmer is 1.5 inch male.

Assuming all of the above is correct, what's the best route to take? Do I keep using my existing 1.25 inch hoses, and purchase adapters? If I go this route, it looks like I'd need three Intex hose adapters (1 for skimmer, 1 for pump inlet, and one for pump outlet).

I'm guessing the most obvious alternative is to purchase 1.5 inch hose, and either adapt it down to 1.25 for the connections to the pool inlet and outlet. Or do I go crazy with the box-cutter and replace all the fittings on the side of my pool? Just how risky is that? And, also, what are the best 1.5 inch inlets/outlets to use as replacements?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

I recommend the box cutter approach. It is really easy to cut new/larger holes in the liner. The risk is close to zero if you take care. When I purchased a separate 1500 pump/sandfilter package, new larger connectors were included. If that is not the casewith yours, these are what you need.
Large Strainer - Intex

the pump connector is male and takes a female/nut on the connecting hose. The skimmer has a 1,5" female connector and comes with a male adapter to hose that can be used with a hose clamp. Or better, get a 1,5" male to pipe adapter and glue on to 1,5" pipe or flex-PVC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.