New and nervous!

Jun 16, 2016
Colorado
New here...we have a 18x9x52 Intex Ultra Frame. We put 1.5" pavers under the support legs. Two have cracked and the pool is 1.5" off. I'm a little bit nervous about it. What is the tolerance? As you can see, it's quit close to our fence and the pavers that cracked are the back two on left.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 127
Hello Angie and welcome to TFP! :wave: You have a nice set-up there. But to answer your question, the industry standard is typically 1" of level. Will 1.5" be okay? ...... it might hold-up. But you should watch that carefully for further settling and take into consideration the direction of water if there were to be a rupture to minimize damages to property or injury to swimmers or people in the area. Great to have you with us at TFP!

That does not make me feel any better. :p I just can't imagine that they would sell 1000's of these pools with just a tolerance of one inch. You'd almost have to be an engineer to get it right on (if you don't have a slab). We leveled, tampered, leveled, tampered, leveled...while using a laser the entire time. Layed down a sheet of metal, placed pavers and still had those two crack. Next year were doing a slab!!! :D

You can get within 1/8th inch of level with a 8 foot 2 x 4 and a 4 foot bubble level. It's hard work but it's possible. You should swap the broken pavers for 4 inch solid concrete block only 1.33 each at home depot. Remember you dig down the high spots not fill in the low spots for a firm base.

That does not make me feel any better. :p I just can't imagine that they would sell 1000's of these pools with just a tolerance of one inch. You'd almost have to be an engineer to get it right on (if you don't have a slab). We leveled, tampered, leveled, tampered, leveled...while using a laser the entire time. Layed down a sheet of metal, placed pavers and still had those two crack. Next year were doing a slab!!! :D

Sorry, did not intent to add to your worry, just saying with the pool that close to a common fence, if something "were" to happen at least your liability would be covered.

I would get that pool to within 1 inch of level, water is heavy and powerful. Mine was out two inches last year so I took it down and did it with much more patience than the first time.

Sorry, did not intent to add to your worry, just saying with the pool that close to a common fence, if something "were" to happen at least your liability would be covered.

I would get that pool to within 1 inch of level, water is heavy and powerful. Mine was out two inches last year so I took it down and did it with much more patience than the first time.

I understand and thank you! I went out and measured the water level this morning (kids played in it yesterday) and it looks as though it settled a bit. Three corners were the same and one corner is 1" off (high) from the other 3. Can you suggest a good way or more accurate way to measure? I've been going from water level to bottom of white sewn area. I can't go off the blue squares because they're all sewn differently. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.