Intex 110-120V sand filter pump PSI

That sounds low. If it goes to 0 when off, and rises as it gets dirty, is lower on recirculate, it's probably fine. That would mean you backwash at 6, which is probably hard to tell from 5.

They sell really cheap ones in the pool store, and the TFTestKits.net one is a little more but way worth it. I was changing them out once a year but the TFTestKits.net one should last a while, is easy to read, etc.

Are the returns strong? Will ping pong balls move around the pool? Is the skimmer suction strong?

There isn't a "standard" PSI, you just go with what you've got if everything seems to be working.

If your returns are weak, you can always try Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter Usually results in much better flow.

I upgraded my gauge to the one sold by tftestkits. It's a nice gauge. That being said I've got one of the larger Intex pumps and sand filters from a couple years ago. My typically starts at about 9-10psi after a backwash.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.