Fc/cc test question, new tf100 kit

Jun 7, 2016
Phoenix, az
I'm new to using this test kit, and have a question about the color change on the chlorine test.
I did the test about 6 times and had investing test results. Fc from 18 to 26. These results seemed to settle out around 22 when i mixed in-between each drop addition. I was adding like 5 to 10 drops at a time to get up to the 40 something drops i had to add.
Does it matter if i swirl between each drop?

Second question, for the CC test, when i add the 5 drops of R003, i get a real light pink. Is that an indication or does it need to turn an actual red?

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

1. Drop, swirl. Drop, swirl. You may like a Speed Stir. If you have very high FC you can use a 5ml pool sample, and each drop is 1.0. You'll fly through reagent doing the 10ml/0.5 method otherwise.

2. Any pink means CC. If I get a vodka cranberry and one drop makes it go away, I log it as 0.5.

I have another question about the CYA test. I hold the tube down at waist level, look down the tube and add the solution. It is pretty subjective on when you can not see the dot anymore. I find myself guessing a lot when it gets close and I feel like I can see a slight image for a while and i'm not sure if I should continue to add till I can absolutely not see any outline of the dot at all. Or just add till the dot is 95% covered.
LOL I have been draining and refilling a bunch of water and I find myself trying to add more because I really want the CYA level to be down from where it was.

Thank you,,it did, i did the dilution as it shows,, came out to 60,, did the test straight up and it came in a little over the 100 mark..
Dang i drained the pool twice down to 1/4 full and refilled trying to dilute the cya.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.