Cyanuric Acid and Muriatic Acid

Our lowes carries CYA in their (small) pool section. It is chlorox pool brand.

As Pool Tool mentioned, there are a couple of different strengths of MA. The "green" (low fume) stuff has a lower concentration (at same price). You can use it, but you have to adjust your pool math calculations for the needed amount. The "Jasco" brand carried by our lowes has a regular and "green" version, neither say the actual concentration on the label (I had to look it up online), so just be aware of what concentration you are getting.

Our lowes carries CYA in their (small) pool section. It is chlorox pool brand.

As Pool Tool mentioned, there are a couple of different strengths of MA. The "green" (low fume) stuff has a lower concentration (at same price). You can use it, but you have to adjust your pool math calculations for the needed amount. The "Jasco" brand carried by our lowes has a regular and "green" version, neither say the actual concentration on the label (I had to look it up online), so just be aware of what concentration you are getting.

Ok, will do. Thanks for the info. I will buy some tonight, and make sure I know the strength before using it.

I see you're in Tuttle. Go to Atwoods in Norman. They usually are a bit cheaper than Lowe's on the muriatic acid and stabilizer. At least the Atwoods here in Shawnee is. Last week I picked up acid for $2.99 a gal there and the stabilizer was right around $20 for 5.5lbs $4-5 cheaper than our Lowe's.

I see you're in Tuttle. Go to Atwoods in Norman. They usually are a bit cheaper than Lowe's on the muriatic acid and stabilizer. At least the Atwoods here in Shawnee is. Last week I picked up acid for $2.99 a gal there and the stabilizer was right around $20 for 5.5lbs $4-5 cheaper than our Lowe's.

Hi, Yes I am from Tuttle. Neat to hear from a fellow Okie on here. Thanks for the advice, I will have to check it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.