Missing Flow Sensor

I recently moved to a new home with an above ground pool. It has a Hayward Turbo Cell GLX-CELL-5. I started to get the pump and everything set up last night, but found I was missing the flow sensor. I don't believe the previous owners left me one so either they weren't using one themselves or accidentally packed it when they left. My question is how important is the flow sensor and would I be able to get things going without it?

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!

Some of the above ground Hayward SWG's do not have a flow sensor as the cell is designed to be plumbed at the return near the pool itself. You could look up the exact model that you have and see if it does need the flow sensor.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that some don't have a flow sensor because they way it looks to be set up is the cell plugs in right before the return. Before I posted I searched for any information regarding my specific model, but I could only find manuals online for other Hayward products.

Again, thanks for the info!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.