Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Good morning,
I have been SLAMing my pool, and at this point, I have passed an OCLT (from last night to this morning) and my CC is at 0. I have been maintaining FC around 20, as my CYA is at 50. The pool is clear, but not 100% (still a tad bit cloudy) I am still running my filter 24/7. In my short time with this filter, I can tell it takes time to clean the water. My plan is to put some DE in it to speed things up, but really can only do it on weekends, when I am around, as the last few times I have done it, the pressure would go up quick, even after just adding a 1/4 cup.

My question is, do I maintain the FC of 20 until the water is crystal clear?

This is a point where I disagree with most here. I start easing the chlorine back when cloudiness is the only symptom and allow the filter to do its job. It often takes two weeks for my pool to clear completely unless I put in 4 ounces of clarifier and it clears overnight.

Are clarifiers OK to use post-SLAM to get water crystal clear? I am sure I will get mixed responses. Searching on clarifiers here on TFP it seems it is a mixed bag. Some say they work, but same can be achieved by putting DE in filter.

Are clarifiers OK to use post-SLAM to get water crystal clear? I am sure I will get mixed responses. Searching on clarifiers here on TFP it seems it is a mixed bag. Some say they work, but same can be achieved by putting DE in filter.

Occasional use when you really have the problem solved and just need to hurry the cleanup along is okay. Trying to use them regularly to mask water issues is a waste and can cause filter problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.