Hayward H150 Pool Heater troubleshooting

Jun 25, 2013
Green Bay, WI
We bought our house a year ago and it came with a pool and the H150 heater. I didn't even both plumbing it in last year, but i did this year when i went to a rigid system.
Anyway, we've got a pool party this weekend so i thought i'd try to fire it up in case the kids get cold.

I opened the valve on the gas pipe coming out of the ground going to the heater. I flipped the switch to ON. Nothing.
I opened the front panel and tried following the directions on that and still nothing.

So where do i even begin?!

Attachments

• Hayward H150.jpg
    Hayward H150.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 42
I followed the "Light Instructions" on page 22 of the manual (same as instructions listed on inside of cover) with no luck. However, with the front panel off, i'm not sure where i'm supposed to be looking for the pilot light :confused:
It says to the far left of the burner tube...didn't really see anything that would look like a pilot light.
Shouldn't i have smelled gas at some point while holding down the pilot knob?

OK, Is the gas on???

See the silver tube and wire from the gas control valve? follow them down to where they go under the flame panel. The silver tube is the pilot supply tube. It is possible that the pilot assembly may need to be cleaned out. The pilot flame has to be in the path of one of the three burner tubes. Those are the three round things in a row.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.