Liquidator as Chlorine Tank for Stenner Pump

The Liquidator is OK, but it's not very precise, especially when I run the pump at different speeds for saving energy vs. seeing all my water features run while I'm out there. It is also very dependent on how much chlorine is actually in the container as to how much chlorine is put in the pool itself so I am constantly fiddling with it. It seems that some people can get it to work well with their pool and not have to mess too much with it. I just haven't been able to do so.

I also think the floats and connectors aren't all that well made. I turned on the pool the other day and the tubing blew off the check valve. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence. Who knows with more patience, it could work better for me, but based on reading the forums it sounds like the stenner is more my style so to speak. I was on the fence originally and was leaning toward the stenner, but thought I would try the non-mechanical option first.

I hear you....Im actually trying to rig something up myself...if that doesnt work I may go with the stenner set-up. I assume you dont need a check valve with the stenner as the tubing is actually pinched shut when its not moving, is that correct?

Thanks

That's what I thought in terms of a tank, but wanted to see what those with more experience than I thought.

Agreed, everything needs adjustments. Manual, pucks, liquidator, etc. it's a matter of how much adjusting. Something I learned from reading all the posts on this site, there are things that work for one pool/person that may not work as well for another. I'm glad it works great for you and seems to for others as well. I wish it did for me as I really like the concept of it.

So maybe I have a finicky pool coupled with a finicky person. I wonder how that will work out in the long run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.