I'm told I have scaling, don't see it..

Starsky

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2008
I have had my pool about a year. Its pebble sheen finish, salt water. In that time it has always been open and I have kept a sharp eye on the ph and chlorine after doing complete tests prior to winter and getting the water balanced in the 7 parameters.
I had some warranty work on the pebble sheen today. One itsy bitsy pebble was causing rust stains. They removed it and cleaned the rust but called me and said "by the way, we noticed some calcium scaling, you need to add Calcium Tec once a month"
I came home and the pool tile and plaster looked fine to me. I tested the water and here is where I am

ph 7.6
T/A 70
CH 220 ( I understand I need to get it up to 300)
CYA 40 (need to bring it back up to 70-80)

What should I be looking for as far as this scaling? Is it obvious?

Calcium scale will show up as rough white stuff on the pebbles and on the plaster between the pebbles.

Your current chemistry is well balanced and would not be causing scaling, though scaling may have happened at some time in the past.

If you don't see it, it isn't anything to worry about. Your chemistry is good, so it shouldn't be getting any worse.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.