New Pool, need HELP with TFPC startup

tablpa

Jun 15, 2012
We have had a pool for over 30 years and have used the TFPC method for the past 6-7 years with wonderful results. As the liner needed replaced it was obviously time to do a whole new pool. This is the first time we have started from scratch with TFPC method and I am not sure of the order of adding stabilizer, bleach and muratic acid (hard water for much of the fill, so I am sure we will have high TA) with no chemicals in to start with. Need some guidance getting started and then we will be fine. Thanks!

Order matters very little since you can do it all in less than an hour.

Fill. Circulate. Test. Report.

You know your CYA and likely also the FC are 0. Add some bleach. Get the CYA dissolving. Adjust the pH. 15 minutes and you may be done initially.

Hey that's great! Congrats on the upgrade.

We could use your support to help keep the lights on. It's a modest amount, and it's tax deductible. See the link in my signature "Become a Supporter". There are some perks as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.