Setting desired temperature on heater

May 21, 2009
I have a Hayward H350 with a knob controlled thermostat (as opposed to a digital thermostat). Yesterday I had the heater on with the knob set to about 1/3 of the way between Minimum and Maximum (what I thought was a relatively low setting). However, the pool had reached a temperature of 78 degrees and the heater was still running. My question is: does anybody know, approximately what different positions of the knob equate to in pool temperature? For example does Minimum = 70 degrees and Maximum = 90 degrees or something like that?

Welcome to TFP!

Maximum is going to be over 100, and minimum is going to be down around 60. The knobs vary somewhat from heater to heater. The best way to figure it out is to turn the knob up fairly far, wait till the pool gets to the temperature you want, and then turn the know down slowly until the heater turns off. Of course you have to be around paying attention to the water temperature if you are trying this.

The temp control makes a "click" when you've passed the current water temp when going from min to max - if you dial down to min and slowly turn the knob, you'll hear the click as that switch closes - use that position as a base point for adjusting the position of the dial 8)

Welcome to TFP!! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.