Help! Vacuuming Issue

Zepol

Apr 21, 2009
Phoenix AZ
OK Not sure where to start. This is my first post and I would truly call myself a novice when it comes to pool care. I have been reading the site for a couple of weeks and have learned a lot but haven't found exactly what I am experiencing. When I vaccum my pool when I get to the dirtier areas I notice that the dirt (at least some of it) comes out of the drains and return holes? back into the pool. Can someone help me with where I should start looking and what my issue might be? Thanks.

Welcome to TFP!

Getting a little very fine dust, essentially only cloudiness, through a sand filter happens now and then. But getting any actual individually visible particles should not happen.

It is possible that your filter is channelized. If the filter/sand is several years old I would try the suggestions in this post. If the filter is new, something more serious might be wrong.

Wow....unbelievable. I walked away to get a glass of tea and got an answer. You guys are great. It does look like fine dust. I have lived here for 4 years and have not done anything other than add chlorine to the pool. I guess I expected it to just take of it self. I haven't had any real issues in the 4 years except the fact that now that I actually have a test kit that you guys recommended I see that my chemicals are all out of whack but I will post my numbers in the correct forum so as to keep things neat and tidy here. Thanks for the link I will take a look now.

OK I have a followup question. Since I have to cut/disconnect the pipes in order to open my filter to break up the sand clumps. What other issues (If any) should I be keeping an eye our for while I am in there breaking up the sand?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.